Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 2000 23:50:22 +1100
From:      jesse reynolds <jesse@va.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.1.1-release installer freezes

Hello

This problem occurs with the 4.1-RELEASE CD and the 4.1.1-RELEASE CD.
The 4.0-RELEASE CD however works just fine.

I'm trying to install FreeBSD on a newly put together PC (although I
have had 4.0 running on the box just fine, as well as debian linux).
The machine boots up off CD, and runs up the installer program. At
this point the machine freezes, and I can't move the cursor or
anything.

As I said, the 4.0 installer doesn't suffer from this problem.

It's a 566mhz celeron on a Gigabyte 2000+ motherboard, with soldered
on promise ata-66 controller. I have two IBM 18Gb 7200 rpm disks
connected as primaries on the two ata-66 busses. A CD-Rom drive is
primary on a standard ata bus.

There are two Intel Pro100+ ethernet cards in the machine, and an
Adaptec 2930 scsi card doing nothing.

Any help greatly appreciated. I'm happy to run some more tests if
it'll help nail a bug.

please cc: replies to jesse at va.com.au

Cheers

Jesse