Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 15:08:18 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        freebsd-sf@arachna.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: post first meeting notes

Hi Julian,

It was a cool meeting and I think that we need to have more of them.

I am going to try to connect Alfredo's lounge to the mbone and for
next meeting I will bring my box or help Alfredo outfit his box
with the proper gear for vic and vat. They have been meaning to
get connected to the mbone for a while now and hopefully it will not
be a challenge.

Next time, besides obviously taking  notes it will be nice if we have
an electronic sign up sheet with web page links or whatever
someone may think is appropriate, cool saying , cool image, etc..
So if someone has a nice pointer to a graffiti / web page authoring
tool please let me know ( I now about the mbone whiteboad and nt tools).

One of the main topics of the meeting was sysinstall. Jordan agreed
to generate a framework document to help guide the development
of the new sysinstall and he made explicit that help from others
in this area is welcome!

On the bright side, I cornered the guys from Best and ask them
why were they switching from SGI to FreeBSD . They main concern
is the response time of problem resolutions from SGI which is
typically 2 or 3 months and sometimes if they are lucky they
get a response in 3 weeks. Obviously, for an ISP the size of Best this
is not acceptable and this is were FreeBSD or Unix systems with
sources really shines , it allows or gives the opportunity to
organizations to attempt to resolve problems quicker than
companies such as SGI.

Perhaps we should try to hold the meetings twice a month for the next
2 or 3 months and with mbone connectivity we can easily turn this
into a global event. Additionally, by holding the meetings twice
a week it should make easier for people to make it to the meeting.

	Cheers,
	Amancio