Date:      Sat, 16 Nov 2019 10:28:45 +0200
From:      Daniel Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
To:        arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   watchdog on Allwinner/H3 (nanopi neo) has reset problem

the watchdogd works fine, if triggered (no pats) it reboots ok.
the problem I'm having is when I do a shutdown/reboot, it either hangs =
on the way down, or gets stuck starting the watchdog
on the way up and only power cycling helps.

at the moment my workaround is starting the watchdog by hand (not via =
rc.conf) so that on the way down it=E2=80=99s not
stopped, and so it does a clean reboot.

anything I can do to help debug this?
btw, there is a small issue in that it maxes out at 16sec, while the =
closest 2^N is 8sec.

thanks,
	danny