Date:      Mon, 30 Jun 1997 21:02:36 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Guy Helmer <ghelmer@cs.iastate.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Basic rebuilding questions

In message <Pine.HPP.3.96.970630203902.11764B-100000@popeye.cs.iastate.edu> Guy Helmer writes:
: What is the best way to rebuild the binaries and libraries, especially
: after changes to include files in current?  This last week I had to resort
: to "make world" after the changes to a time structure.  "make world" takes
: 28 hours on my 386/40, so I tend to avoid it if possible :-)

Hmmm, I cheat:  I use a ppro to build a tree, test on the PPro for a
while, then do a make reinstall off an NFS mounted partition on my
486.  Saves about 10 hours that way.  It takes about as long to do the
make reinstall on the 486 as it does to do the make world on the PPro!

Warner