Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2001 10:20:55 -0700
From:      "glenn gombert" <glenngombert@zdnetonebox.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Version of XFree86 in FreeBSD Release 4.4

 My interest in a later version of XFree86 is that in trying to install
FreeBSD-Current on my Dell Insperion 4000e Laptop, the ATI Rage 128 3D
graphics accelerator used is not supported at all under XFree86 3.3.6.
So I am forced to upgrade to a later version of XFree86 to get 'X' to
work at all....

 Can someone outline the easiest way to do that given how things are
in the FreeBSD-4.3 Release??

Thanks in Advance,
Glenn G.