Date:      Fri, 19 Feb 1999 07:19:43 -0600 (CST)
From:      Alberto de Poo Bas <adepoo@tamnet.com.mx>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Randall Hopper <aa8vb@pagesz.net>, Tommy Hallgren <thallgren@yahoo.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.1R ISO CD Image ??

Is there a way to send the 5-10 bucks directly to FreeBSD project? If
someone download an ISO from whatever and want this going this way it can
be done.

There are other sites that sell the walnut creek CD at lower price, but I
guess that no one cent of that goes to the FreeBSD project.

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > True.  Seems like the last one was mirrored to other FreeBSD dist sites
> > though (thank goodness!  As is wellknown, access to ftp.cdrom.com out here
>
> If it was, I didn't know of any.  I specifically stuck it in incoming/
> so that I wouldn't get shot by mirror sites wondering where 2.4GB of
> extra space suddenly went.
>
> > I wonder if WalnutCreek might consider a "FreeBSD Lite" version of each new
> > RELEASE which is just CD#1 for $5-10.  Being a Joe-user, that's all I ever
>
> I've asked this and they don't much like the idea since it makes it
> extremely hard to turn a profit at those sorts of margins.  FreeBSD is
> not enough of a "volume" product that you could make enough just on
> sheer quantity alone.  Frankly, we have no idea how Cheapbytes makes
> any money at $4.95.
>
> - Jordan

Saludos

Alberto de Poo