Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:21:56 -0200
From:      alessandro.santanna@embraer.com.br
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   DS10 and network hanging...

Guys,

I have a DS-10 with an updated FreeBSD, 4.5-RC, all done with cvsup and a
"make world".

This computer runs named and Postfix instaled using an updated ports tree.
Also, it has IPFilter compiled in the kernel.

It runs the Postfix well, delivering mail real fast. After running for a
while, like 1 or 2 days, the network begins to hang, with 70-90% of packet
loss. After a new reboot, everything works fine for more 1 or 2 days and
the problem comes back again. Did anyone have the same problem or any help
on this? I'm using the on-board interfaces, dc0 & dc1.

I've also a intel server, with the same softwares installed and there is no
problem at all.

Thanks.

Alessandro M. S. Sant'Anna