Date:      Wed, 15 Sep 1999 09:50:27 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Phil Regnauld <regnauld@ftf.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   The 1,000 hats of Bartholemew BSD (Was: Good News! Commercial Backing For FreeBSD)

At 11:09 AM 9/15/99 +0200, Phil Regnauld wrote:

> > Blue. It would definitely have to be blue.
>
>         SmurfBSD ?

I'd want a more diverse user community. All the smurfs
are exactly the same color, and there's only one
Smurfette.

Besides, the blue smurfs wear white hats.

At 08:16 AM 9/15/99 -0400, Jamie Bowden wrote:

 > Black.  If anyone came out with a BlackHat distro of anything, I'd buy at
 > least one just to have it.

The hat would probably depend on the target market. We could have:

Market             Version
------             -------
Western US         StetsonBSD (5- and 10-gallon versions)
Wisconsin          CheeseBSD
India              TurbanBSD
France             ChapeauBSD
Israel             YarmulkeBSD
Shriners           FezBSD
Beekeepers         BeeBonnetBSD?
NASA               HelmetBSD (Radiation-hardened)
Churches/Clergy    HaloBSD (The OpenBSD daemon already wears
                     a halo, actually, thanks to Gale Pedowitz.)
--Brett