Date:      Sun, 23 May 1999 09:49:48 +0200
From:      Thomas Widlundh <tw@ettnet.se>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: stand alone machine to internet via ISP

Den Sun, 23 May 1999 skrev Doug White:
> On Thu, 20 May 1999, pirat sriyotha wrote:

> Turn every service off that you won't be using.  If you won't be receiving
> mail directly to the box, you can turn sendmail completely off. You can
> still send mail, just not receive it directly on your box.  You're using
> POP anyway, I'm guessing.

Well, it seems that my knowledge in this matter was a little poor.
I had no idea of this about sendmail. I thought you must have sendmail.
Now coming to think of it after your mail, I do realize that I don't use
sendmail in my mailing works. As you say, I use POP (and SMTP).
OK. You are never too old to learn.
I want to Thank You and Others who have been giving me help in this matter.
Cheers
Thomas