Date:      Tue, 31 Jan 2006 00:13:47 -0500
From:      Ian Stirling <is@opus131.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   VScom PCI Dual Serial Card PCI-200L

Hello,

  I bought a new Athlon 64 3500+, Compaq SR1750NX computer
recently with the intention of having a modern machine
to run FreeBSD and retire my 1999 vintage P3 500 MHz.

I am running FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE with a frequent update
of all the ports.

 The motherboard has no serial ports.
I installed a VScom PCI Dual Serial Card, PCI-200L
and reading clues from the Handbook, found the following
sufficient to enable the two serial ports.

  options COM_MULTIPORT
  device  puc
  device  sio

  I commented out all the sio0, 1 2 and 3 entries
  in /boot/device.hints.

  The two ports show up as sio0 and sio1, corresponding
to /dev/cuad0 and cuad1, at least sufficient for my
required B9600 communications.

Ian