Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 1996 21:44:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Christopher Moore <nappy@primenet.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: DOS and FreeBSD

On Tue, 29 Oct 1996, Christopher Moore wrote:

> 	Could I run DOS on the first part of my Hard Drive and FreeBSD on
> the second? Or do I still need to get some kind of emulator.

This is OK BUT BUT BUT FreeBSD's kernel must reside below the 1024th
cylinder of the hard drive.  This translates to:  if your DOS partition is
more than about 450mb then you will really need to watch your root
partition size.  The cap is somewhere around 500mb depending on your disk.

This is a BIOS limitation.