Date:      Thu, 8 Jan 2009 12:42:43 +0100
From:      Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
To:        Alexander Best <alexbestms@math.uni-muenster.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mouse cursor corrupts chars under syscons

--4ybNbZnZ8tziJ7D6

Hello Alexander,

* Alexander Best <alexbestms@math.uni-muenster.de> wrote:
> i noticed the mouse cursor currupting characters under syscons. to test t=
his
> do the following under syscons/bash:
>=20
> for i in `jot 5000`; do echo -n 0; done
>=20
> now gently move your cursor over the zeros. see?

Just a message to the lists, to make sure it doesn't end up assigned to
me. This issue is not in any way related to the libteken commit I did a
week ago, but I also noticed this issue back in June last year.

At first I thought it was related to the new MPSAFE TTY layer, but
I can remember seeing this on stock sources as well. I think we should
see whether it is also present on other architectures supported by
syscons. I think it might be a syscons VGA renderer issue.

--=20
 Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/

--4ybNbZnZ8tziJ7D6