Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 00:01:05 +1030 (CST)
From:      kibbet <kibbet@knfpub.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   unnewfs ?

Hey All,

As you can probably gather from the topic I did a bad thing,
yup newfs'd a rather important partition (mounted on /usr) :((

So.. is there a way to recover from this silliness ?  Or should
I beg my other half for forgiveness (it was her machine) :)

I'm assuming newfs just removes inode references etc and the
data is still there - I'm also assuming its not a trivial exercise
to put it all back together...

Anyways... info appreciated, pointing and laughing accepted :)

Cheers

Kent Ibbetson
kibbet@knfpub.com