Date:      Sun, 10 Jun 2007 23:01:54 -0400
From:      Francisco Reyes <lists@stringsutils.com>
To:        Zane =?ISO-8859-1?B?Qy5CLg==?= <v.velox@vvelox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org, Ivan Voras <ivoras@fer.hr>
Subject:   Re: Filesystems larger than 2TB?

Zane C.B. writes:

> In such a situation, I would seperate the data drives and the OS
> drives, instead of having them in one big raid. This makes it a lot
> more manageable.

Ok. Let me see if I understand.
So I could take say 2 drives and make it raid 1. T
hen make another raid with the rest of the drives and I would then newfs -s the raw partition?

I also think 3ware controllers allow to take part of a raid display it
separately, but still only have one raid. Will check before I do my next
"large" machine.

Thanks for all the feedback.