Date:      Mon, 25 Apr 2016 20:02:22 +0000
From:      Marcin Cieslak <saper@saper.info>
To:        =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Roger_Pau_Monn=E9?= <roger.pau@citrix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Booting r298488 as Xen Dom0 may break ZFS pool?

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016, Marcin Cieslak wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Apr 2016, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
> > TBH, I have no idea. Can you also paste the log of the system (Xen +
> > FreeBSD) when it fails to boot? If that's not possible, can you at least
> > paste the output of `xl dmesg` when booted correctly under Xen?

I managed to boot it again...

root@o:~ # xl dmesg
xc: error: Could not bounce buffer for version hypercall (35 = Resource temporarily unavailabl): Internal error
xc: error: Could not bounce buffer for version hypercall (35 = Resource temporarily unavailabl): Internal error
xc: error: Could not bounce buffer for version hypercall (35 = Resource temporarily unavailabl): Internal error
xc: error: Could not bounce buffer for version hypercall (35 = Resource temporarily unavailabl): Internal error
xc: error: Could not bounce buffer for version hypercall (35 = Resource temporarily unavailabl): Internal error
xc: error: Could not bounce buffer for version hypercall (35 = Resource temporarily unavailabl): Internal error
libxl: error: libxl.c:6121:libxl_xen_console_read_line: reading console ring buffer: Cannot allocate memory

also:

# w
 8:01PM  up 5 mins, 1 users, load averages: 0.10, 0.25, 0.15
w: kvm_getprocs: Cannot allocate memory: Cannot allocate memory

xen_cmdline="dom0_mem=2048M dom0_max_vcpus=4 dom0pvh=1 com1=115200,8n1 guest_loglvl=all loglvl=all"

I am running a plain GENERIC kernel.

Marcin