Date:      Thu, 08 Jan 2009 19:18:16 -0500
From:      Robert Noland <rnoland@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Eitan Adler <eitanadlerlist@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: testing rnoland's xorg upgrade patch -- error

--=-n2duNSNP0W868iIdGNWR

On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 18:46 -0500, Eitan Adler wrote:
> Robert Noland wrote:
> > I just rolled up a new patchset.  This has not been through tinderbox
> > yet, so you have been warned...  This update should pretty much have us
> > current with all released xorg bits.
> >=20
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~rnoland/xorg-update-010809.patch.bz2
> >=20
> > robert.
> >=20
>=20
> I didn't test this patchset yet but the previous one caused X to either
> freeze and not accept any input including ctrl+alt+bksp or cause my
> computer to go blank and beep three times.

Would need more specifics to even guess what could have been wrong...
Most particularly what hardware, gfx chip, i386/amd64 and which drivers
were involved, steps to reproduce the issue if any.  Basically, the more
info the better.

> Also make sure to include xorg-minimal in the patch.  I don't see it.

Not sure who signed up to maintain that... It wasn't me... ;)

robert.

--=-n2duNSNP0W868iIdGNWR

--=-n2duNSNP0W868iIdGNWR--