Date:      Mon, 29 Jun 1998 22:48:30 -0400
From:      Jerry Hicks <jerry_hicks@bigfoot.com>
To:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   picoBSD and -STABLE

Has anyone been successful in building a FleaBSD (hee hee)
from -STABLE sources?

Or should I ask: is the current approach to generating picoBSD-2.2.5 too
intertwined with RELEASE-2.2.5 to make this feasible without major
overhaul? (Our RELEASE-2.2.5 boxes are long gone).

I seem to have gotten pretty close simply by removing lynx from the dial
configuration.  It boots with a few diagnostic messages from the startup
script; trying to run `fsck' on wd0s1a (!)

I would like to come up with a totally hard-diskless kernel, but don't
know how to do that using config(8).

When we finally get to the prompt, things -seem- functional.  Haven't
tested much though or tried anything with the other configurations.

Cheers,

Jerry Hicks
jhicks@glenatl.glenayre.com