Date:      Sat, 29 Oct 2011 08:48:41 +0100
From:      Chris Rees <utisoft@gmail.com>
To:        Nali Toja <nalitoja@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: next clang -exp run, when? (Was: svn commit: r226890 - in stable/9:...)

On 29 Oct 2011 01:27, "Nali Toja" <nalitoja@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Log:
> >   MFC r226633:
> >
> >   Upgrade our copy of llvm/clang to r142614, from upstream's release_30
> >   branch.  This brings us very close to the 3.0 release, which is
expected
> >   November 16, 2011.
> [...]
>
> Now, if only we could have one more -exp run since
>
>  - the last one was several months ago
>  - many ports were fixed since then while, others stalled
>
>      - java/openjdk (ports/151042)
>      - lang/ocaml (ports/160492)
>      - silvercity, py-wxpython*, py-matplotlib (ports/161564)
>
>  - at least one committer (crees@) is hostile towards PRs about clang
>    build failures, e.g. ports/161204 was closed with no logs from any
>    of clang -exp runs

If you're going to talk about someone, it's generally polite to CC them.

In (almost?) all of the PRs I closed I referenced the Wiki page on Clang,
where it is clearly explained how to and how not to help.

I'm not hostile to PRs, I'm just not a fan of filling the PR database with
a unhelpful PRs. I appreciate the effort some people have gone to to
research these problems; it's just unfortunately duplicated effort.

Chris