Date:      Mon, 17 Oct 2016 18:14:31 +0200
From:      Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
To:        =?UTF-8?Q?Marko_Cupa=c4=87?= <marko.cupac@mimar.rs>, Oliver Peter <lists@peter.de.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: moving ezjail-based jails from 10.3 host to 11.0 host

Marko Cupać wrote on 2016/10/17 17:43:

[...]

> Now, to give answer to my own question: everything works fine, after -
> of course - reinstalling all the packages with `pkg-static upgrade -f'.

Reinstalling all packages?
So you didn't just move jails from one host to another but you upgraded
them to 11.0 also?
Because I had feeling that you want just to move them to another
machine. And if you just move them (completely with shared basejail) you
don't need to reinstall packages.

As Oliver said you can use rsync to transfer them without need to
compress + scp + uncompress. It is much faster transfer than making
archives.

Miroslav Lachman