Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 18:10:54 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <vedette@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Shared object "libc.so.3" not found

Quoting Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>: [000828 17:55]:

Alfred Perlstein>
Alfred Perlstein>Don't do that, instead install the 'compat' libraries for FreeBSD 3 and 2
Alfred Perlstein>with /stand/sysinstall

Well, I used that solution before. BTW do you have an idea where I can get
to read about these compat issues?

IIMA also, does a non-developer require all ths src in their system? I had
them all but due to space limitation ( I come from a 3rd world, men) I had
to remove the  contrib and gnu sources. I know that will not let me do
buildworld. But I would be glad to know that I can depend on srcs other
than these, or maybe I can have all, make buildworld then remove them.
I need just to know which srcs I can do without..

 -Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Systems Administrator

Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try
to be better than yourself. -William Faulkner