Date:      Wed, 7 Apr 2021 21:28:14 +0200
From:      Peter <peter@flytrace.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org, Gleb Popov <arrowd@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: security/fprintd

Hi!

I've just tried to configure fingerprint authentication using=20
security/fprintd port (installed from package).

It seems that it does not work 'out of the box'.

To get it working I needed to fix the following points:

- in=20
/usr/local/share/polkit-1/actions/net.reactivated.fprint.device.policy -=20
change all lines <allow_any>no</allow_any> to <allow_any>yes</allow_any>

- copy the DBUS configuration file ./data/net.reactivated.Fprint.conf=20
from the distrib of fprintd (I used 1.90.7 version -=20
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/libfprint/fprintd/-/archive/v1.90.7/fprint=
d-v1.90.7.zip)=20
into /usr/local/etc/dbus-1/system.d

Now=C2=A0 fingerprint reader works correctly.

Globally, the software seems to be really old, it would be nice to=20
update it.

Best regards,

Peter