Date:      Mon, 02 Jun 1997 09:13:07 +1000
From:      David Nugent <davidn@labs.usn.blaze.net.au>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: uucp uid's

>  think Taylor's possibility to limit a particular system name to a
>  distinct account, too (though i've never been using this).

I do. :) I don't particularly like the idea of granting permissions
to the local filesystem based on the remote system name while letting
any uucp dialin identify themselves as any system they like. If all
uucp clients shared the same access, then I'd be less inclined to be
as strict, but the only reason I'd still keep this setup is to prevent
one client from stealing another's mail.

Regards,
David

David Nugent - Unique Computing Pty Ltd - Melbourne, Australia
Voice +61-3-9791-9547  Data/BBS +61-3-9792-3507  3:632/348@fidonet
davidn@freebsd.org davidn@blaze.net.au http://www.blaze.net.au/~davidn/