Date:      Mon, 12 Apr 2004 10:58:49 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Roman Kurakin <rik@cronyx.ru>
Cc:        net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: polling(4) and rl(4)

--HKEL+t8MFpg/ASTE

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 10:44:37AM +0400, Roman Kurakin wrote:
> Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
>=20
> >As an aside, I've started working on the ``[-]polling'' option for
> >ifconfig(8) that, when done, will allow changing the polling status
> >of individual interfaces in run-time, e.g., the following command
> >will disable polling on nge0:
> >
> >	ifconfig nge0 -polling
> >=20
> >
> Just a thought, what if iface is not hardware? Netgraph for example? :-)
>=20
I can only think of ng_eiface(4) here, and I don't see how it would
benefit at all from having the DEVICE_POLLING support, nor I can see
how such a support would fit into the driver, as the driver doesn't
have any RX/TX queues.  But it can be done of course.  ;)

Cheers,
--=20
Ruslan Ermilov
ru@FreeBSD.org