Date:      Sun, 7 Mar 1999 11:12:16 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        David Stern <dstern@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UFS, rc.local, afterstep, ext2, package docs, libraster/depends

David Stern wrote:

> 2.) Where's the elusive /etc/rc.local that I'm supposed to start things
> like apache in?

It's not in the tree anymore, but rc still uses it. Just create one
of your own and it will still work. Some people would say rc.local is
old fashioned and that you should use /usr/local/etc/rc.d instead. I
disagree, I prefer rc.local. Some ports do put their startup scripts in
/usr/local/etc/rc.d automatically, so you won't need to edit rc.local.

> 3.) Where is the afterstep 1.6 configuration files that I'm supposed to
> copy into the user's home directory so I can configure my AS menus,
> wharf, et.al..? All I get is the ~/GNUstep/Library/Afterstep/non-configu
> rable/* the first time I run afterstep.  I read the afterstep doc, and
> the configurable files are nowhere to be found.

If you installed from the port, /usr/X11R6/share/afterstep. If they're
not there, try /usr/local/share/afterstep. If they're not there,

find / -name wharf

or something.

> 5.) Where are all the docs for the packages (sendmail, mh, procmail)?

man sendmail
man mh
man procmail

:-)