Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 2007 17:37:32 +0000
From:      "N.J. Mann" <njm@njm.f2s.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVS (freebsd /src)  confusion

On Monday,  5 February, 2007 at 12:17:18 -0500, Dan Casey wrote:
> Using cvsup I am upgrading my boxes from RELENG_6_1, to RELENG_6_2.
>
> I've been noticing something strange, and I'm wondering if I'm thinking
> too much into it.
>
> I've modified mergemaster so that instead of using diff, it would just
> append to a text the files that need to be diffed.  This way i can do it
> with vimdiff instead.
>

> I would think that the RELENG_6_2 would have more recent files then
> 6_1.  Here are a few examples.
> I'm looking at cvsweb, which seems to confirm that that the versions of
> these files are correct.
>

> /etc/defaults/devfs.rules
> version in 6.1 - $FreeBSD: src/etc/defaults/devfs.rules,v 1.3.12.1
> 2006/04/26 18:39:17
> version in 6.2 - $FreeBSD: src/etc/defaults/devfs.rules,v 1.3.8.1
> 2006/04/26 18:38:43
>
> /etc/defaults/periodic.conf
> version in 6.1 - $FreeBSD: src/etc/defaults/periodic.conf,v 1.33.2.1
> 2006/03/08 23:01:18
> version in 6.2 - $FreeBSD: src/etc/defaults/periodic.conf,v 1.33.2.2
> 2006/09/28 01:59:29

I just checked in the CVS repository using the web interface at
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi
and it appears you have the correct versions of the files.  As to why
the devfs.rules is (an apparently) earlier version, I don't know.  You
could try browsing the CVS repository if you really want to know.  :-)

Cheers,
       Nick.
--
Please do not CC me on replies, I read the list and don't need the dupes.