Date:      Mon, 30 Mar 1998 14:17:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dexnation Holodream <dex@wankers.net>
To:        Bill Trost <trost@cloud.rain.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP's unstable behavior (fwd)

> Dexnation Holodream writes:
>     has anyone else experienced odd/unstable/buggy behavior with ppp? or
>     were there just some changes to it that would create bugs with old
>     config files?
>
> What do you mean by "odd/unstable/buggy"?  There have been some changes
> that may require you to modify config files, but so far, we have about
> as much information as a doctor with a patient who says, "My arm hurts."
>
> Although, if you would like, you can take two aspirin and call me in the
> morning....  (-:

hey doc...ummm...well...you see...I got this problem...my ppp is hosed.

ok...here are the bugs I've discovered:

dialin and login, and, manually do a add 0 0 HISADDR
get disconnected, or manually disconnect
try it again.

ppp gets angry when you try to add the route, says it's already
there...and it is...the right one, too, except it refuses to route any
packets.

bug #2:

get disconnected.  dialin again
notice how sometimes you see a slew of # prompts and filenames scroll by
at random.  notice that you're still at the login prompt (even though you
can't see it) about 75% of the time, and you can log in, but the above bug
is still present.  worse...notice that 25% of the time you're actually AT
your root prompt.

maybe it's just on my machine, but I don't like the fact that it's
happening...I'm going to look at my config, however, and change it to the
new format.

-Jon