Date:      Fri, 15 Jan 2021 15:00:37 +0200
From:      Andrei Martin <andrei.cos.martin@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org,  Mihai Carabas <mihai.carabas@gmail.com>, Darius Mihai <dariusmihaim@gmail.com>, Elena Mihailescu <elenamihailescu22@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: [bhyve][arm64] Number of allowed vcpus

Thanks for you responses and sorry for not specifying the guest's device
tree.

I've summed up your proposals and sketched and algorithm:
N - the number of vcpus from the '-c' parameter
X - the number of vcpus from the device tree

if there isn't the parameter -> start the vm with X vcpus
if there is the parameter --> if N <= X -> start the vm with N parameters
                                       |-> if N > X -> throw an error

I believe this gives the opportunity to rebuild the device tree and use all
vcpus (first branch)
or let the device tree as it is (more vcpus) but use only a subset of them.
Is this alright?

Thanks,
Andrei