Date:      Sat, 27 Dec 1997 22:06:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris Timmons <skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, julian@whistle.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Remote gdb (was: no boot: config -g and options DDB)

Hmmm - well allow me to babble some more when I should instead be UTS.

Is it the case then that flags 0x50 is presently just a hush for the
serial console (i.e. you have to have both flags on the same unit and
couldn't have sio0 with flags 0x10 and sio1 with flags 0x40 - preserving a
serial console at sio0 while debugging on sio1.)  How would you start the
debugger at boot on an sio with flags 0x40?  I remember seeing Bruce's
commit messages about this so I can go back and look.

Not being a Real Hacker I can only imagine that you might have set a
breakpoint with gdb and be running along while possibly generating
interesting output for capture on a serial console.

-Chris