Date:      Mon, 06 Mar 2000 15:07:48 -0500
From:      Peter Schwenk <schwenk@math.udel.edu>
To:        shawn rusin <magick@primus.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xwindows

Try 'startx'.  Also, you can get a snazzy graphical login screen if you
enable (change 'off' to 'on') the xdm line in your /etc/ttys file.
Beware that your users need executable .xsession files in their accounts
for xdm to work.  .xsession fires up your window manager.  Mine just
says 'exec startkde' because I'm using the KDE window manager.

--
PETER SCHWENK                        | Campus IT Associate 3
Department of Mathematical Sciences  | University of Delaware