Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 1996 12:50:35 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        scrappy@ki.net (Marc G. Fournier)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 9 makes + 1 caused panic...

Marc G. Fournier stands accused of saying:

> > fp is dereferenced a few lines above, and I can't imagine how the structure
> > would have become write-protected by accident...
> >

> 	hardware or software bug then? :(

Almost certainly hardware; modulo any judgement by John wrt. the changes
he's made in the VM area in the last few days.  Most of them had to do
with accidentally unmapping more than was apprpriate, which would
have given you a 'page not present' fault, not a 'write protect' fault.