Date:      Wed, 9 Sep 2015 00:31:16 -0453.75
From:      "William A. Mahaffey III" <wam@hiwaay.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Storage question

On 09/08/15 16:39, Paul Pathiakis via freebsd-questions wrote:
> Just curious, why not ZFS?  It is extremely stable and then you don't
> have to worry about properly sizing but you can limit the size of a
> parition from growing out of control.  Due to the pooling, you have
> access to all your storage on the drive to all the partitions.
>
> P.

Good question. 1 of the new boxen (the one that is tight for storage) is
tight for CPU, quad-core AMD A4-5000, 1.5 GHz, not much firepower, &
will be tasked w/ MythTV by default, so I guessed that adding ZFS might
overpower it. I otherwise agree w/ the advantages of ZFS.

<snip>

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."