Date:      Sat, 12 Jan 2013 18:21:28 -0800
From:      Waitman Gobble <gobble.wa@gmail.com>
To:        Joe Altman <freebsd@chthonixia.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Regarding: Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 6:01 PM, Joe Altman <freebsd@chthonixia.net> wrote:

> Greetings...
>
> I was upgrading kino tonight, and the upgrade process failed and tossed
> this request at the tail of the error:
>
> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
> Please report the problem to ports@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach
> the "/usr/ports/multimedia/kino/work/kino-1.3.4/config.log" including
> the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good
> idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system
> (e.g. a /usr/sbin/pkg_info -Ea).
>
> On January 2, the same thing happened and I did as requested...my email
> can be seen in the January 2013 thread in the mailing lists and seems
> unacknowledged. Looking at it, I saw (and remembered) send-pr as the
> method to use.
>
> My question: should a PR be opened on the "Script 'configure..."
> message, such that "use send-pr" instead of "send it to ports@" is used?
>
> I imagine this sort of problem is common.
>
> Regards,
>
> Joe Altman

Hi,

If the email contact is as listed it seems there is not a specific person
who has taken the port. I found your email to the ports list with the
attached config.log. I will take a look at the problem and probably find a
solution. I'm heading out for the evening so I may not get to it until
tomorrow morning.

--
Waitman Gobble
San Jose California USA