Date:      Tue, 09 Apr 1996 21:41:13 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        "Brett Glass" <Brett_Glass@ccgate.infoworld.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Artisoft AE-3 Ethernet card: How to use large buffer?

>Unfortunately, when I applied those diffs (I had to do it by hand, because
>I was starting with RELEASE-2.1.0 and the diff was from a later version of
>if_ed.c), it didn't work. I received reports of NIC memory corruption. And

   Did you enable the 64K of RAM on the card (is it jumper selected or soft
selected?)? If you can't enable it externally, then I can't help you without
programming information for the card - it will have to be programmed to enable
the 64K of RAM (as opposed to the 16K).

>now, for some reason, the "route add default" commands that are executed by
>/etc/netstart are taking a PAINFULLY long time to execute. (Any idea why?)

   It's probably trying to do a DNS query or ARP query or something.

-DG

David Greenman