Date:      Mon, 8 Nov 1999 12:36:05 +0000
From:      Geoff Buckingham <geoffb@chuggalug.clues.com>
To:        Richard Puga <puga@maui.com>
Cc:        pao-report@clave.gr.jp, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA Chipset

On Thu, Nov 04, 1999 at 08:18:17PM -1000, Richard Puga wrote:
> I am having trouble with a PCMCIA chipset
>
> I have a ISA to PCMCIA adaptor, it is made by ActionTec model no. PC-250
> www.actiontec.com
>
> the chip on it has the following information on it;
>

> D japan
> DB6082
> 1992 DATABOOK
> 1992 FMI
> FUJITSU 1992
> 9412 E57
>
> the avalible I/O addresses are
>
> 200h 240h 280h 2c0h 300h 340h and 380h
>
> is this controler supported by FreeBSD,  PAO maybe?
>
> if so how do you impliment it in the kernel config.
>
> Thank you

I have no idea if this will work but try the PAO for 3.3_RELEASE install
disks from http://www.jp.freebsd.org/PAO you should be able to see what is
detected without installing anything.

Failing that their FAQ has the following to say, ther is no explictit
reference to ISA cards nore a Fujitsu chipset;

       The PC Card driver of PAO supports following PC Card controllers:

                Intel i82365SL (and compatibles)
                Cirrus Logic PD-6710
                Cirrus Logic PD-6720
                Cirrus Logic PD-6722
                Cirrus Logic PD-6729 (PCI-PCMCIA bridge)
                Cirrus Logic PD-6730 (PCI-PCMCIA bridge)
                IBM PCIC (on some ThinkPads)
                IBM KING
                O2micro OZ6729 (PCI-PCMCIA bridge)
                O2micro OZ6730 (PCI-PCMCIA bridge)
                Ricoh RF5C296 (i82365 compatible)
                Ricoh RF5C396
                Vadem 468
                Vadem 469
                VLSI 82C146

        PAO does not support following PC Card controllers.  (If you
        have laptops with these controller, please write drivers for
        these controllers for PAO :-).

                Databook TCIC (on some ancient laptops)

        Some PCI-CardBus bridges can be used in i82365-compatible
        mode.  Currently it is being tested on following chipsets:

                Cirrus Logic PD-6832
                Texas Instruments PCI-1130
                Texas Instruments PCI-1131
                Texas Instruments PCI-1220
                Texas Instruments PCI-1221
                Texas Instruments PCI-1250
                Toshiba ToPIC95
                Toshiba ToPIC97
                Ricoh RL5C465
                Ricoh RL5C475
                Ricoh RL5C476
                Ricoh RL5C478

        If your PC Card controller is not supported, please contact me
        (hosokawa@jp.FreeBSD.org) or BSD-nomads team (bsd-nomads@clave.gr.jp).
        I need following information to hack the chip:

                o The name of the PC Card controller of your
                  machine. (e.g. Cirrus Logic 6832).

                o PCI device ID of PC Card controller (If your PC Card
                  controller is PCI - PC Card bridge or PCI - CardBus
                  bridge).