Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 2013 00:55:08 +0930
From:      Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@ShaneWare.Biz>
To:        lbartoletti <coder@tuxfamily.org>
Cc:        Tijl Coosemans <tijl@coosemans.org>, ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Freeocl build but doesn't work

On 28/07/2013 03:21, lbartoletti wrote:
> Le Thu, 25 Jul 2013 11:36:23 +0200,

>> So try to compile your test with "gcc46
>> -Wl,-rpath=/usr/local/lib/gcc46".
>
> Hello,
>
> It doesn't work. I tried it with FreeBSD amd64 9.1 and 10.0 and
> FreeOCL / OpenCL require GLIBCXX_3.4.11 into libstdc++...

I have seen a similar thing trying to compile lmms with gcc46. From what
I can tell the linker has brought in a gcc42 version with another lib
which prevents the newer gcc46 version coming in.

I haven't got around to working it out but thought of looking through
external libs used to find the one that brings in the older version and
building that with gcc46. I also wonder if a static linked c++ lib may
be preventing the newer version being brought in.