Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 11:01:11 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Richard J Kuhns <rjk@grauel.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Confusing error messages from shell image activation

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 09:07:27AM -0500, Richard J Kuhns wrote:
> Yes, it's definitely different.  No matter what you say when installing,
> `applix' is:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> APPLIX_HOME="/usr/local/applix"
> export APPLIX_HOME
> exec $APPLIX_HOME/applix "$@"

Again lack of details.. :-(  EXACTLY what is this file you are showing
us?  Both my of my Applixware 4.42 and 5.0 installations have a real
binary named `applix' in the root of the install directory.  I installed
4.42 from the Walnut Creek CDROM CD of it.  I installed 5.0 on the first
tarball package of 5.0 BSDi made (that wasn't released to the public).
So we also need to know how you got 5.0 (ie, what media are you using).
Something may have easily changed between what I installed and what BSDi
is now shipping.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)
          GNU is Not Unix / Linux Is Not UniX