Date:      Thu, 28 Dec 2006 12:30:28 -0600
From:      Josh Paetzel <josh@tcbug.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD lang/ruby18 pthread question

I originally sent this email to the ruby maintainer but haven't gotten
a response so maybe someone else can enlighten me as to what is going
on here.

If I install lang/ruby18 with the pthread option turned off (which is
the default) I get:

# ruby -rrbconfig -e 'puts Config::CONFIG["LIBS"]'
-lcrypt -lm  -rpath=/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib -pthread

If I turn pthreads on I get:
# ruby -rrbconfig -e 'puts Config::CONFIG["LIBS"]'
-pthread -lcrypt -lm  -rpath=/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib -pthread

Either way it looks like I get pthread support, unless I am
interpreting the output wrong.

Any thoughts on this?

--
Thanks,