Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:09:09 -0400
From:      "Zaphod Beeblebrox" <zbeeble@gmail.com>
To:        "Pete French" <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dreadful gmirror performance, though each half works fine

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 7:18 AM, Pete French <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>
wrote:

> I am trying to run a system with a pair of drives mirrored under
> gmirror, one of thhem being local and the other remote using ggated.

I have experimented with this rather extensively and have operationally
decided not to use ggated in combination with gmirror --- it doesn't appear
to work as well as one might expect.

Some improvements were made to ggated awhile ago --- to improve error
recovery.  It should have helped, but didn't.

I'm somewhat vaguely wondering if zfs with one local and one ggated disk
will work well.