Date:      Sun, 28 Apr 2002 10:08:00 -0400
From:      Steve Brown <freebsd@prayforwind.com>
To:        "Maicon Stihler" <lab.stihler@unidavi.edu.br>, "question freebsd" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: the best window manager

> I was wondering what wm should I install on my FBSD box.

Try xfce, see http://www.xfce.org/ for info. It's in the ports. It claims to
be a desktop environment, personally I'd call it a window manager (what's the
difference?).

But it's real small if you already have GTK, simple to configure either by
GUI or editing a text file, looks like HP-VUE or CDE. Fast, clean, complete,
and everything works. If I could only have one, this is it.

Steve