Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 95 10:04:14 EDT
From:      khkramer@nando.net (Khkramer)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Boot Poblems

I am sorry to bother you all, as I am sure you are busy, but I have
a problem after having tried to install FreeBSD 2.0 on my
Toshiba 4800 (486/75) laptop.

The installation seemed to go well, but I can't reboot. The
boot choices that come up look like this:

1-DOS
-------sorry

f1-DOS
f2-FreeBSD

Default F?

Then no matter what I type I either get the same message again (if I hit f1
or f2) or get a slightley changed version, if I his f3 it says default F3, for
example. There is no progression past this screen.

I can boot from floppies, and I have tried everythink I can think of, from re-
installing FreeBSD, to reformatting it's partition, numerous times, to re-installing DOS on that partition, nothing reclaims the MBR.

I would love to make FreeBSD work, but even more than that, I would love to
have my computer back, so if you all can help me I would appreciate
it. (I will have to reformat the hard disk if I don't hear from you
soon :(  )

Thanks very much
Kwin Kramer