Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:53:07 +0900
From:      horio shoichi <bugsgrief@bugsgrief.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Email nagging, was: Re: Ports with version numbers goingbackwards: graphics/gd,japanese/gd, ukrain...

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 23:34:24 -0400
David Ross <dross@code-exec.net> wrote:
> Easy solution.. Mass ignore filter of the message :) It is getting annoying.
>
> --dross
>
> Chuck Swiger wrote:
>
> > Steven Hartland wrote:
> >
> >> Please tell me we aren't going to get one of these every hour till
> >> they are fix :P
> >

> > I'd hate to disagree with you when you're right.  For that matter, I'd
> > hate to disagree with someone else if they were right, too. :-)
> >
> > Could someone change the nag script to send to ports-committers, instead?
> > Or run less often via cron (once per day)?  Or run more often but more
> > usefully, by going in as a CVS-commit time check rather than afterwards?

Indeed. Thankfully, the message is designed very easy to filter.
I did not realize nag(s) started again if this thread did not occur.
Umm, this time every hour unlike per two hours in the past.

But I wonder what it will be, if the targeted maintainers themselves
employed their filters, everyone believing "I don't make mistakes".

horio shoichi