Date:      Fri, 06 Jun 2003 18:24:56 +0100 (BST)
From:      Duncan Barclay <dmlb@dmlb.org>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: interrupt handlers in -current

On 05-Jun-2003 M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <XFMail.20030605220236.dmlb@dmlb.org>
>             Duncan Barclay <dmlb@dmlb.org> writes:
>
> It may also be the case that the interrupt for this isn't being
> properly routed.  5.1-BETA has a bug that, for some laptop machines,
> interrupts aren't properly routed.  5.1-RELEASE has fixed this.

I think that this must be it. I had the blindingly obvious idea of looking
at the chips interrupt mask in the watchdog (which is getting called). The
chip has posted a TX complete interrupt. The kernel hasn't done anything
with it so I assume it isn't routed.

Until I get back from travelling and can install 5.1R, this at least gives me a
hook to continue driver development - fairly icky though using the
watchdog to trigger the interrupt handler!

> Warner

Duncan

Duncan Barclay  |
dmlb@dmlb.org   |