Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2000 12:13:32 -0500
From:      Drew Sanford <drew@planetwe.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   restricting login access to ftp only

I would like to be able to restrict access of some users to ftp only for
a certain system, thus allowing them to ftp information to and from the
server, but not gain shell access. Each user needs to be able to access
information for them, placed into their home directory. I thought at
first that using a shell of /sbin/nologin would work, but that denies
ftp access as well. Can anyone point me towards some documentation on
how to do this? Thanks.

--
Drew Sanford
Systems Administrator