Date:      Sat, 3 Jun 2000 12:10:11 -0700
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@freebsd.org>
To:        Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, Peter Wemm <peter@freebsd.org>, Wei Dai <weidai@eskimo.com>
Subject:   Re: -STABLE (was: ncurses.h and #define trace _nc_trace)

On Sat, Jun 03, 2000 at 07:10:56PM +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On Fri, 26 May 2000, Andrey A. Chernov wrote:
> > Yes, #define was a quick solution.
> > We need either to add a stub or to import ncurses author fix (removing
> > all trace function from production library).
> >
> > Latest is better IMHO, but I left to choose best way to Peter.
>
> However you do it, please fix this ASAP, and be it by reverting the
> original, broken patch!

I wish but I can't.  If I'll touch those misterious CVS branches structure
again, everyone shoot at me as in previous time.  I think it is enough for
me.  Nowdays some mystic with CVS branches values much more than fixes.  :-(

Peter is only person who understand and responsible for this stuff with CVS
branches, ask him to either a) remove define from curses.h or b) add stub or
c) import official ncurses snapshot.

Reverting _completely_ to previous state will be silly because broke even
FreeBSD native applications.

Please don't Cc me next time, I simple can't help.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
<ache@nagual.pp.ru>