Date:      Wed, 6 Feb 2002 13:15:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Adam Nealis <adamnealis@yahoo.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Max size of a process in FreeBSD.

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Adam Nealis wrote:

> I think I've done due diligence, so may I respectfully
> ask if anyone can tell me what is the largest size in
> main RAM a process can have under FreeBSD?

It's limited to MAXDSIZ (max data size).  You can raise this up to 2GB or
so, but you will eventually hit the KVM boundary.  I don't recall what the
KVM limit is right now, I thought it was 2GB but I think it was reduced
recently ...

You can also resize KVM but of course you do so at your own risk.

dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu     |  www.FreeBSD.org