Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 1997 14:21:01 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Marcus Haebler      <mh@muenster.net>
To:        Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@MX.BA-Stuttgart.De>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to update /etc like sysinstall

On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, Wolfgang Helbig wrote:
> /etc is treated special by ``make world'': Your /etc directory is not
> touched at all. That means you have to upgrade your /etc files from
> /usr/src/etc manually.
I am searching for the method to update the /etc like sysinstall does it.
sysinstall just tells me all the files it cannot update automatically and
automatically updates the rest. Is this mechanism somehow accessible from
the Makefiles in the source tree? I have to update 8 machines and it would
make life a lot easier if I had access to that mechanism.

Thanks in advance,

Marcus Haebler