Date:      Tue, 30 Apr 1996 22:14:47 -0500
From:      "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, robert@elastica.com
Subject:   Re: xmcd isn't in ports.

>Fetching version 2.0 and renaming it to 1.4 doesn't work because of
>the failed checksum. I'd like to disable checksum checking. Although
>that would probably screw up the patch so I'll forget it for now.

This should probably go to ports@FreeBSD.org.

There is a port of xmcd-2.0 in FreeBSD-current:

  ftp.cdrom.com:/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/ports/audio/xmcd

You can also get a pre-compiled package statically linked with the Motif
libs in /pub/FreeBSD/packages-current/audio/xmcd-2.0.tgz

If you use the package, you'll have to link libc.so.3.0 to libc.so.2.x
as libc had a revision jump in -current.  Oh, and if you use the port,
there were some changes to /usr/share/mk/bsd.port.mk that will prevent
a clean build on a 2.1-RELEASE system.  You can probably get around this
by defining MOTIFLIB=-lXm when doing the make.  There may be other changes
as well, though.

Dan Eischen
deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org