Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 11:06:57 +0200
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        "ekoz" <ekoz@melsa.net.id>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-4.5 release-p1

Hi ekoz!

On 11 Mar 02 at 13:11 you wrote:

> And, i have been do the same thing as the   /usr/src/UPDATING file said and
> using RELENG_4 tag in my CVS file. Am i correct ?, but i got FreeBSD-4.5
> Release-p1, not 4.5 STABLE. What is FreeBSD-4.5 Release-p1 mean ? is that
> freebsd stable too ?

It's 4.5-RELEASE with the security fixes. The tag for this is
RELENG_4_5. If you used RELENG_4, you really should have received
4.5-STABLE. This is strange.

When did you cvsup the source? RELENG_4_5 should be at 4.5-RELEASE-p2
level now (includes the fix for latest openssh security advisory).

--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* Jesus Saves, but God does a Full Tape Back-up!