Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 1996 11:12:47 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        hdalog@zipnet.net
Cc:        frf@qcworld.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CDR support?

> > Are any writable cdroms currently supported?
> > Specifically the Yamaha CDE100.
>
> The CD writer support is beta and in -current.  Only the HP and
> Plasmon is now supported.
>
> Yamaha has not been forthcoming with the SCSI spec - since questions
> about support for the Yamaha drive comes up frequently it may help
> to politely tell Yamaha that you would like a driver and that at
> one time someone was willing to write one if they would supply the
> SCSI spec.  They seem to have a broken web page in the US at "yamaha.com".

The web page is contactable, but it is very low bandwidth.  It's on
WestNet, so that's kind of expected.  It's a Blivit (10 pounds of
crap in a 5 pound sack), so it's tiresome to use.

There is a feeback email address of (assuming you wait for it to display)
of info@yamaha.com.

The CDE100 isn't anywhere on their web pages (neither are their
motorcylcles or snowmobiles, for that matter).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.