Date:      Tue, 15 Jul 1997 11:19:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Wilton Hughes <unixsa@northlink.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can I change File System Name

On Tue, 15 Jul 1997, Wilton Hughes wrote:

> After I have created a file system, can I change its name?  If so how?

Could you be more specific?  You can change the mountpoint, but not the
partition the filesystem is on.  Ie, if you originally mounted your cdrom
on /cdrom but want to change it to /cd, just rename the mountpoint and
make the appropriate edit in /etc/fstab and/or your scripts.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo